What are Victim Rights Advocates and How can they Help me?

Victim rights advocates can provide a variety of services to people injured in car or truck accidents, including:

Information and education: They can explain the legal process, insurance claims, and other aspects of recovering from an accident.

Emotional support: They can provide counseling, support groups, and other resources to help victims cope with the emotional trauma of the accident.

Advocacy: They can advocate for victims’ rights in court, with insurance companies, and other institutions.

Referrals: They can connect victims with other resources, such as legal aid, medical care, and financial assistance.

There are several resources for victim rights advocates in Colorado to help people injured in auto accidents. Here are a few options:

State Resources:

  • Colorado Victims Assistance Program (COVAP): This program, within the Division of Criminal Justice, provides financial assistance, emotional support, and advocacy services to victims of crime, including car accidents. They have a network of local victim advocates who can help with specific needs. Contact them at (303) 273-1618 or visit their website: https://dcj.colorado.gov/dcj-offices/office-for-victims-programs
  • Colorado State Patrol Victim Rights Unit: Each district of the Colorado State Patrol has a dedicated Victim Rights Advocate who can provide information, support, and guidance throughout the legal process. Find the contact information for your local advocate here: https://csp.colorado.gov/services-we-provide/victim-rights

Non-Profit Organizations:

  • Rocky Mountain Victim Law Center: This non-profit organization provides free legal representation to victims of violent crime, including those injured in car accidents. They can help with compensation, court appearances, and other legal matters. Contact them at (303) 295-2001 or visit their website: https://www.rmvictimlaw.org/
  • Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance (COVA): This statewide organization provides a variety of services to victims of crime, including support groups, advocacy, and referrals to other resources. They can help with navigating the legal system, insurance claims, and emotional recovery. Contact them at (303) 861-1160 or visit their website: https://www.coloradocrimevictims.org/

Additional Resources:

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): This federal agency provides information on drunk driving laws, accident statistics, and resources for victims of car accidents. Visit their website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD): This organization offers support and resources for victims of drunk driving accidents. Visit their website: https://madd.org/

No matter what type of help you need, there are resources available to support you after an auto accident. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a victim rights advocate or other organization for assistance.


Contact Information